If you think proper driving position means having your hands positioned at “10 and 2 o’clock” on the steering wheel Penske Automotive Group has an update to that drivers education lesson. Penske wants to make sure your comfortable and your seat is adjusted to the perfect position so you can see the road and still control the vehicle.
Consider these pointers to enhance your driving perspective and safety. These are minor changes that will come in handy.
- Sit slightly reclined with your shoulders comfortably back in the seat.
- Sit as far from steering wheel as possible while still remaining in safe control of the vehicle.
- Position your hand at “9 and 3 o’clock” or slightly lower in order to minimize harm if airbags deploy.
- Make sure your right foot is able to pivot comfortable from gas to brake.
- Check your mirrors (rear, driver side and passenger side) to make sure your blind spots are minimized.
You are now ready to begin your journey safe. Enjoy and stay safe.